View the 2020 MHSRS accepted abstracts!
Over 1,800 abstracts spanning more than 50 Warfighter related topic areas were accepted for oral or poster presentations at the 2020 meeting. View Accepted Abstracts
Note: All abstracts are published with the author's permission.
Access this link for how to cite a canceled presentation: https://apastyle.apa.org/blog/canceled-conferences
Coming Soon! 2020 MHSRS Awards
The 2020 MHSRS Awards will be announced soon. These awards will recognize outstanding research, an ongoing mission that does not stop because of a pandemic!
Have a MHSRS-related question?
For IT technical support for this website during the
hours 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM ET,
For all other Symposium related questions:
As a result of the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the health system's ongoing requirements to support the Department of Defense (DoD)'s response, the 2020 Military HealthSystem Research Symposium, scheduled for 24-27 Aug 2020, has been cancelled.
This decision was made after considering the current Health Protection Conditions of DoD installations, the anticipated continued need for Military Health System support of theDepartment's pandemic response efforts over the next eight weeks, and potential continued restrictions on non-mission essential travel.
At this time, there is no plan to hold a virtual meeting.
To receive CME credits for the 2019 MHSRS, go to http://www.cmeuniversity.com . On the navigation menu, click on “Find Post-test/Evaluation by Course” and search by course ID 14551. Upon registering and successfully completing the activity evaluation, your certificate will be made available immediately. Continuing education for the 2019 MHSRS is offered by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) and the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs. The PIM is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education , and the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Physician Continuing Education: A maximum of 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ are offered. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Continuing Nursing Education: The maximum number of 16 contact hours are offered for Continuing Nursing Education. Continuing Psychologist Education: The maximum number of 16 contact hours are offered for psychologists.
2019 MHSRS Award Winners
2019 MHSRS Call for Manuscripts
Submit a manuscript to one of the two 2019 MHSRS Supplements! To be eligible, the author must have had an abstract accepted for either an oral or poster presentation at the 2019 MHSRS.
MHSRS Supplement to Journal of Trauma - Click here for information
MHSRS Supplement to Military Medicine - Click here for the 2019 Guidelines for Authors
- Email your intent to submit a manuscript by 15 Nov 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit you completed manuscript package by 15 Jan 2020 to email@example.com
- This USAMRDC website is provided as a public service by the United States Army Medical Research and Development Command.
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical
purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to
create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing
what information is of most and least interest, determining technical
design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem
areas. Below is an example of the information collected based on a
standard request for a World Wide Web document:
- xxx.yyy.com -- [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] "GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0" 200 16704 Mozilla 3.0/www.google.com
- xxx.yyy.com (or 220.127.116.11) -- this is the host name (or Internet protocol (IP) address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, the requester is coming from the xxx.yyy.net address. Depending on the requester's method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify the user's specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers (ISP) assign different IP addresses for each session, or only connect to the Internet via proxy servers, so the host name may only identify the ISP. The host name (or IP address) may identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
- [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] -- this is the date and time of the request
- "GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0" -- this is the location of the requested file
- 200 -- this is the status code - 200 is OK - the request was filled
- 16704 -- this is the size of the requested file in bytes
- Mozilla 3.0 -- this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages
- Requests for other types of documents use similar information. Unless otherwise stated, no personally-identifiable information is collected.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines. All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.01External link*.
- Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml External link*.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to our webmaster at USArmy.Detrick.MEDCOM-USAMRMC.List.Webmaster@mail.mil.